12/14/2006

It's just a cold....!?

Mood: sick
Listening to: the sound of the machines
Eating: nothin'....
Drinking: water (don't get any coffee at the moment!)
Weather: the blinds are closed, don't know

Okay, before I go on writing about last friday, I wanted to tell you something ongoing!

Eric and I had a great evening yesterday, even though I had a cold, I felt very well with him.
But later something changed, my cough got worse, and started to shiver, and my head and throat ached like hell.
I moved into my bed and wanted to sleep, but suddenly I got dizzy and I saw everything twice...
Eric wanted to call 911 to sent me to the PPTH, but I shook my head: "I'm fine...."
Another fit of coughing tossed me... I really felt shitty...

"Come on, I help you to put on your cloth and then I'll call 911!" said Eric and helped me to stand up.
I was so damn weak, I couldn't bearely move.
He called 911 and came back in the sleeping room. "You have double visions, don't you?" he asked.
"No, I'm okay..." I lied. But the evening was spoiled already...great!
"Hey; I can see it in your eyes!" He sat down in front of me and took my hand. "Come on, I called the ambulance, they'll be here in a few mintes."
He embraced me with his arms, to stop me shivering, but the ague was too strong.

When my door bell rang, Eric jumped up.
I tried to stand up... and noticed that I couldn't.
"What the heck...?"
Whatever I tried, I couldn't move my legs!
Eric came back and the paramedics followed him.
I looked at him in fear... "Eric....I can't move...."
He looked at me and just nodded, he didn't know what to say.

The paramedics got a strechter and carried me out of my apartement.
"Eric...." I whispered "please...don't leave me alone..."
"I won't leave you alone, I promise!" he said and took my hand when we entered the ambulance vehicle.
I didn't care about the sideglances one of the paramedics gave us, I just felt so tired.... and then a heavy darkness paralyzed me....


The next thing I remember is waking up here in the PPTH...
I'm happy, Eric brought me my lap, otherwise I wouldn't be able to write, so it's not that boring...

10 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

Hmmm....greenish or yellow sputum?
High fever accompanied by shaking chills?
Shortness of breath, pleuritic chest pain, a sharp or stabbing pain?
Do you already cough up blood, experience headaches, or develop sweaty and clammy skin?

Dr Robert Chase said...

I've got headache and I sweat, yeas, but no blood...and it's a dry cough!
But the fever continues rising....

Dr. Gregory House said...

Maybe a simple common cold.
Or Interstitial pneumonia.

Dr Robert Chase said...

a cold doesn't cause palsy or double visions!

Dr. Gregory House said...

You didn't tell me about your double vision!!!!
You're becoming interesting, Chase...
Ever thought of Wegener's granulomatosis?

Dr Robert Chase said...

I told you about the double vision in my post!
Or why would you say asked Eric: "You have double visions, don't you?"

Dr. Gregory House said...

Okaaaaay...you won!

Dr Robert Chase said...

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaas!!!! *cough cough*
okay, i don't care about who won, I just wannna be healthy again...*cough*

Dr. Gregory House said...

You'll die!

Dr Robert Chase said...

Thank you...-.-

Heard james is ill, too?